Monday, March 26, 2012

"LOVE STORIES"

I apologize in advance for not being a very good writer.. definitely not a strong quality of mine - I had to share the following.....

The other day I sat down with my baby girl.. I wanted to read her some of the sweet messages, thoughts and prayers we have received over the last few weeks... 150+ of them. Wow... I am so touched by all the love, there are no words adequate enough to describe how you have made me feel.

We would read a few messages and then look at "Princess pictures"... she loves to look at princess pictures (this is what she calls pictures of herself - too cute) So we would read some e-mails, look at some pictures, read e-mails, look at pictures etc. We came to one e-mail and it was talking about how beautiful and strong she was, she turns and looks at me and said, "that lady just said I was beautiful.....yes I am beautiful." (she looks back at the monitor, head tilted and nodding) and says, "I know I am beautiful, thank you Lady." Oh I had to chuckle..it was so sweet. I have to agree, she is beautiful..... inside and out. She has one of the sweetest, gentlest souls I have ever come across. I am so blessed to have her as my daughter and beyond honored to be her mother !
We continue to read your kind messages and look at pictures... as we were taking a picture break.... she turns to me and says, "mom let's read more love stories for me." I paused, looked at her wee face as my eyes started welling with tears (she just interpreted the messages as love stories for her - I was left speechless - I really had to hold back the tears)..... More "Love Stories" it was and we read each and everyone of them. I was not expecting a two year old to sit there through all of them but she did and she genuinely enjoyed it.
Your kindness not only touched me but it touched her as well... her eyes sparkled at each message read and off course she made other comments but the "love stories" and thanks lady comment really stuck.

From the bottom of my heart, from my family to you... thank you so very much for all your love, support and prayers. I will hold each message close to me this week as we are at the hospital. I am praying for a successful surgery and quick recovery. I will not leave her side until I can bring my baby home ~

Remember to always take a moment to enjoy the simple things in life and to give your loved ones an extra just because hugs and kiss !

Have a blessed week ~
Stacey

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful memory! I will have to continue reading to find out more about your little girl. I was all teary eyed just reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cat ! I will try to share more of her story as soon as I can and hope that her strength and courage can inspire people of all ages.

    ReplyDelete