Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My "Famous" Oh So Yummy Smoothie

We just got back from a family bike ride and had one of my famous smoothies. We have them often, they are easy, healthy and oh so yummy, not to mentioned give you a punch of energy.
I thought I would share it with you all.

What you need:
  1. 1 banana
  2. 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
  3. 2 cups of frozen berries (they have to be frozen as this is what makes it thick - we love to pick fresh fruit when in season and freeze them but you can also use frozen fruit from the market). We have used fruits such as kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, melons, etc, etc. I have even used carrots which also adds a yummy flavor - ssshhhhh my family does not know ;-)
  4. 1/2 cup juice of your choice (peach adds a nice flavor, apple, orange etc) if the smoothy is too thick add a little more juice until the smoothy is at a consistency you prefer.
Add all the ingredients to your blender and blend until mixed well. VOILA ~ an oh so yummy smoothy that I am sure will become a family favorite of yours as well ! Even my son loves these and he is not one to eat fresh fruit at all.

Enjoy ~
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment