Sunday, September 1, 2013

Facebook Page - TEMPORARY CLOSURE

After alot of thought, going back and forth and not sure what to do........ I have decided to temporarily de-activate my facebook page sometime in September. I am going to try to aim to  re-open the page sometime in November.

I am busier than ever with orders, so you may be wondering why I would do this?? With my daughter's surgeries, hospital visits every other day, a new baby, my other children and life in general, things have been extra hectic. Maintaining my facebook page and responding to e-mails alone takes up a minimum of 4 hours per day. This is 4 hours less working on orders, 4 hours less with my kids and although I do not sleep much as it is, I do need sleep. I wish I could stay up 24/7 and split myself into 10 in order to get everything accomplished. Since I am booked solid for many weeks and having to turn away so many people (this makes me sad, I wish I had more than two hands) - it only made sense for the time being to shut the page down.


Thank you so much to all of my clients. All of which have been so amazing. Thank you for trusting me with making you some amazing creations for your children, grandchildren, friends, as gifts, photoprops etc. Thank you for being so understanding, and patient. It's hard to be the only one trying to run a business. I don't have the luxury of having employees.  I do not have an assistant who answers my emails and phone calls.  I don't get sick days, vacation, and very rarely do I actually abide by my "business hours." I'm the designer, creator,  the accountant, marketing, shipper, receiver, purchaser etc etc, (I think you get the point, I do it all)  and all the while being a mom and wife. I know I get behind and forget things from time to time. I try my very best to stay on top of things, but I am only human and I am not afraid to admit I do make mistakes. There are times my organizational skills are less than stellar, yet somehow I remember where I put everything! I'm not sure I will ever catch up on laundry, dusting, tiding up and there always seems to be at least a few dishes in my sink and my house astray! My job never ends, in either career. But I enjoy every moment of it.

So again, thank you! You are all amazingly wonderful! I also look forward to working with all my faithful clients and the many new ones to come. I love what I do, and feel blessed to be able to do what I love, contribute to the house financial and most importantly stay home with my fabulous children and to be able to enjoy every little moment in their lives. Life really is amazing isn't it?! I certainly think so.

While I am away, I will still answer e-mails however, this will be sporadic - I will try to be online at least once a week. If you do not hear from me within a week, please send me a reminder - I may not have received your initial e-mail, I am not ignoring you and do not think of the reminders as harassment.

If you have an existing order, no fear - I will work on it and it will be shipped or ready for pick up as discussed. If there will be any delays, I will be sure to send you an e-mail to the address I have on file. During surgeries and while in recovery, I will not be online at all until my daughter is home and well.

I look forward to talking to you all again soon ~ until then, take care and as always, no matter what you may find yourself doing - Make It Count !!

Much love,
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment